DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Magnavox 27MS343S (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/210667-magnavox-27ms343s.html)

Robb August 13th 07 06:31 AM

Magnavox 27MS343S

Hello, I recently acquired a free Magnavox 27MS343S, but with one
small (big) problem: The power cord is not attached to the main
board. Does anyone know where to re-attach it?

[email protected] August 19th 07 05:39 AM

Magnavox 27MS343S

On Aug 12, 10:31 pm, (Robb)
wrote:
Hello, I recently acquired a free Magnavox 27MS343S, but with one
small (big) problem: The power cord is not attached to the main
board. Does anyone know where to re-attach it?

Hi there,
I just happened to be looking for an answer to an unrelated problem
with a 343 and happened across your post. The power cord plugs in to
the connector on the left hand side of the board close to the screen
(As you're looking at it from the back). There are a couple of
pictures here (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/countryhacker/
100_3376Medium.jpg) with cable connected and here (http://
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/countryhacker/100_3377Medium.jpg) with
it disconnected. Hope this helps!

On an unrelated (and aforementioned) problem, does anyone have any
idea how to undo the child lock on one of these without access to the
remote? The standby light turns on when I plug it in, but the power
button doesn't work. I've heard the only way to unlock it is replace
an eeprom on the board, but that's beyond my soldering ability. Any
other options?

Thanks,
Rory