DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Norelco 8140XL shaver adapter voltage? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/210665-norelco-8140xl-shaver-adapter-voltage.html)

Jumpster Jiver August 13th 07 03:37 AM

Norelco 8140XL shaver adapter voltage?

Hello group,
I recently purchased a Norelco 8140XL rechargeable rotary shaver.
Aftter only two weeks I lost the adapter on vacation and can't charge it.
Would anyone know the voltage/current/polarity so I can hardwire
something to the base?
Thanks.

Ken Weitzel August 13th 07 04:07 AM

Jumpster Jiver wrote:
Hello group,
I recently purchased a Norelco 8140XL rechargeable rotary shaver.
Aftter only two weeks I lost the adapter on vacation and can't charge it.
Would anyone know the voltage/current/polarity so I can hardwire
something to the base?
Thanks.

Hi...

This page shows (under specs, 'bout half way down) the input voltage
to be 12 volts dc, and the charging time to be one hour.

Perhaps if the batteries are marked as to capacity, you can do
the math to determine the charge current.... (don't forget the
extra 40% for charging efficiency losses)

http://www.fixya.com/support/p430919...lectric_shaver

Take care.

Ken

No Name August 13th 07 08:19 AM

"Jumpster Jiver" wrote in message news:StPvi.2704$%55.1368@trnddc04...
Hello group,
I recently purchased a Norelco 8140XL rechargeable rotary shaver.
Aftter only two weeks I lost the adapter on vacation and can't charge it.
Would anyone know the voltage/current/polarity so I can hardwire
something to the base?
Thanks.

I have an 8140XL and 8150XL and the recharger specs are
the same for both models:

15VDC 420mA + polarity

Jumpster Jiver August 14th 07 02:20 AM

wrote:
"Jumpster Jiver" wrote in message news:StPvi.2704$%55.1368@trnddc04...

Hello group,
I recently purchased a Norelco 8140XL rechargeable rotary shaver.
Aftter only two weeks I lost the adapter on vacation and can't charge it.
Would anyone know the voltage/current/polarity so I can hardwire
something to the base?
Thanks.

I have an 8140XL and 8150XL and the recharger specs are
the same for both models:

15VDC 420mA + polarity

Thank you both for your replies!