DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   tv tuner noise bars (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/210458-tv-tuner-noise-bars.html)

[email protected] August 10th 07 11:09 PM

tv tuner noise bars

Hey everyone
Ive got an old ati tv tuner card which has always had a problem with
noise bars. It works perfectly fine but the noise bars have always
bothered me.( I could buy a new one but Im cheap ) Anyway, according
to this:

http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/s...pagenumbe r=1

there is a mod that can be done to one of the chips to isolate it
against noise. I don't know much about electronics, but would like to
give this mod a try. Anyone able to give a clearer explanation of
whats involved and/or able to link to a site with a tutorial or
explanation of something similar (with pictures)

Thanks

vey August 10th 07 11:31 PM

tv tuner noise bars

wrote:
Hey everyone
Ive got an old ati tv tuner card which has always had a problem with
noise bars. It works perfectly fine but the noise bars have always
bothered me.( I could buy a new one but Im cheap ) Anyway, according
to this:

http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/s...pagenumbe r=1

there is a mod that can be done to one of the chips to isolate it
against noise. I don't know much about electronics, but would like to
give this mod a try. Anyone able to give a clearer explanation of
whats involved and/or able to link to a site with a tutorial or
explanation of something similar (with pictures)

Thanks

I have a little page that was originally published by the FCC. They
pulled it, so I reproduced it. Take a look and tell us which picture
looks like the "noise bars" you are complaining about. Then look at what
they say is the cause. It will help work out your problem. I have used
several ATI TV cards with no trouble.

http://www.ericvey.com/tvinterference/index.html

[email protected] August 11th 07 06:00 AM

tv tuner noise bars

http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/s...did=32551&perp...

there is a mod that can be done to one of the chips to isolate it
against noise. I don't know much about electronics, but would like

give this mod a try. Anyone able to give a clearer explanation of
whats involved and/or able to link to a site with a tutorial or
explanation of something similar (with pictures)

Thanks

Dump the analog junk and go digital. In 18 months analog TV goes away
anyway.

GG

JANA August 11th 07 06:44 AM

tv tuner noise bars

For the non experienced person, the work indicated is too delicate, and
there is risk to damage the card. I would suggest finding someone in your
area who is used to soldering on to SMD devices, and has the very fine
soldering tools to do so.

If you accidentally short any pins or have any static discharge to any part
of the circuit board, there is a chance you can damage components on the
circuit board. Then you will have to buy a new card.

--

JANA
_____

ups.com...