Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D D is offline

Default How to make Video Players start with "Above normal" process priority?

Hello!
How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
"High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.
How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process
priority?
Best regards,
Dima
+79035093892

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 05:30:09 -0700 D wrote in Message id:
.com:

Hello!
How to make Video Players (for example, WinDVD) start with an "Above
normal" or "High" process priority for uninterrupted video playback on
a slow computer? I have a barebone player which always starts with the
"High" process priority and plays video uninterruptedly.
How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" or "High" process
priority?
Best regards,
Dima
+79035093892

Make a text file with the following that calls your application:
start/high [application path]\application.exe
or
start/realtime [application path]\application.exe

Save the file as a .cmd file. When you run the .cmd file, you app will run
as a high or realtime priority task.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D D is offline

On Jul 27, 7:01 pm, JW wrote:
[...]

Thanks JW for your suggestion!
Can I edit shortcuts to start players with higher priority?
Best regards,
Dima

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 16:38:51 -0700 D wrote in Message id:
. com:

On Jul 27, 7:01 pm, JW wrote:
[...]

Sure. Right click on your icon and select properties. Add the switches to
the target window. As an example, for the following:

"C:\Program Files\Agent\Agent.exe"

I would use

C:\WINNT\system32\CMD.EXE /C Start "Agent" /HIGH "C:\Program
Files\Agent\Agent.exe"

Windows is stupid - it will change the icon of the shortcut to a DOS box.
You'll have to point it back to the application to change it back to what
it should be.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D D is offline

On Jul 27, 7:01 pm, JW wrote:
[...]

it should be.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks JW for your help!
How to make IE playback video with "Above normal" process priority? I
do not want all IE processes in the task manager list to browse with
the "Above normal" process priority, but only the IE process which
plays back the video. Is it possible to make a playback component in
the IE to run with "Above normal" process priority, not IE itself?
Best regards,
Dima

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 23:20:47 -0700 D wrote in Message id:
. com:

On Jul 27, 7:01 pm, JW wrote:
[...]

I'm afraid that *may* not be possible. (But I could be wrong.) I would
suggest that you download the video to your system and play back with an
external player at the priority level you need. For a list of other
options that are available, at the command prompt, type "help start"
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D D is offline

On Jul 27, 7:01 pm, JW wrote:
[...]

options that are available, at the command prompt, type "help start"- Hide quoted text -

Thanks JW for your reply!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D D is offline

On Jul 27, 7:01 pm, JW wrote:
[...]

Hello JW and everybody!
How to know what uses an HDD heavily without loading a CPU? The HDD
usage led is on and the HDD rattles.
Best regards,
Dima