DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   bent iPod sync port (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/208042-bent-ipod-sync-port.html)

Mick July 24th 07 02:05 AM

bent iPod sync port

The edge of the sync/charge port on my 30gb iPod video is bent and I
can't hook it up to the charger any longer without damaging
something. Since otherwise the iPod is perfectly OK, but Apple won't
touch it, I wanted to replace the bent port. Does anyone know if I
need to replace the whole circuit board assembly or if it is a stand
alone part? It doesn't seem like a huge big deal, but any advice
anyone has would be gratefully accepted.

[email protected] July 24th 07 05:43 PM

bent iPod sync port

On Jul 23, 8:05 pm, Mick wrote:
The edge of the sync/charge port on my 30gb iPod video is bent and I
can't hook it up to the charger any longer without damaging
something. Since otherwise the iPod is perfectly OK, but Apple won't
touch it, I wanted to replace the bent port. Does anyone know if I
need to replace the whole circuit board assembly or if it is a stand
alone part? It doesn't seem like a huge big deal, but any advice
anyone has would be gratefully accepted.

If you want to sell it check out this ad "sell your Ipod for cash"...
in the left frame at http://www.whaatsoever.com/computer/misc.html

DaveC July 24th 07 09:30 PM

bent iPod sync port

It doesn't seem like a huge big deal, but any advice
anyone has would be gratefully accepted.

Check out http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/ele?query=ipod%20broken for an
identical model with broken display. Or post your own ad for such. Buy for
parts and exchange the entire PCB that has the connector.

If I were you, I wouldn't want to un/solder that connector on the PCB...

Good luck,
--
DaveC

This is an invalid return address