DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Broken 37 inch tv (TFT LCD) (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/207696-broken-37-inch-tv-tft-lcd.html)

tha don July 20th 07 11:45 PM

Broken 37 inch tv (TFT LCD)

Hi! I was wondering if any of you knew of a place that sells LCD
screens. My 37 inch LCD TFT is cracked so I just need the screen.
Please let me know if you know of someone who will sell to consumers.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

James Sweet July 21st 07 03:04 AM

Broken 37 inch tv (TFT LCD)

"tha don" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi! I was wondering if any of you knew of a place that sells LCD
screens. My 37 inch LCD TFT is cracked so I just need the screen.
Please let me know if you know of someone who will sell to consumers.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Is this a direct view or projection? If it's direct view, the set is junk,
the LCD panel is the bulk of the cost of the set and won't be separately
available. If it's projection, contact the manufacture.

Bob Urz July 21st 07 03:51 AM

Broken 37 inch tv (TFT LCD)

tha don wrote:
Hi! I was wondering if any of you knew of a place that sells LCD
screens. My 37 inch LCD TFT is cracked so I just need the screen.
Please let me know if you know of someone who will sell to consumers.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

YOur only practical chance is to find a set on Ebay or such that has
bad electronics and a good screen for parts.

Bob

John July 21st 07 06:06 PM

Broken 37 inch tv (TFT LCD)

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 21:51:48 -0500, Bob Urz
wrote:

tha don wrote:
Hi! I was wondering if any of you knew of a place that sells LCD
screens. My 37 inch LCD TFT is cracked so I just need the screen.
Please let me know if you know of someone who will sell to consumers.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

YOur only practical chance is to find a set on Ebay or such that has
bad electronics and a good screen for parts.

Bob

See if your city is active on craigslist.org or freecycle.org
There are usually free broken TV's of all types.

John