DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HK 2000 Cassette Player: Quick Question (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/206534-hk-2000-cassette-player-quick-question.html)

[email protected] July 15th 07 02:02 PM

HK 2000 Cassette Player: Quick Question

I snagged one of these beasts the other day, which after cleaning and
belt replacement, calibration, alignment and head-demag performs about
as well as any 2-head deck might.

However, and cutting to the chase: Did these units come always with a
multi-voltage switch underneath? This unit has such, and I do not
remember it as being stock back in 1978.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

David Farber July 17th 07 11:05 PM

HK 2000 Cassette Player: Quick Question

wrote in message
oups.com...
I snagged one of these beasts the other day, which after cleaning and
belt replacement, calibration, alignment and head-demag performs about
as well as any 2-head deck might.

However, and cutting to the chase: Did these units come always with a
multi-voltage switch underneath? This unit has such, and I do not
remember it as being stock back in 1978.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Hi Peter,

The schematic I have, which is dated 6/76, shows a switched, multi-voltage,
power transformer.

Hope that helps.

--
David Farber