DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Things are that bad in this business ? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/205777-things-bad-business.html)

[email protected] July 7th 07 02:15 PM

Things are that bad in this business ?

A few of you may know that story, how a guy took my old job so I just
went and took his. No hard feelings, business is business, plus we
collectively are saving about 50 miles of driving per workday.

Now I get a phone call from the old boss, he is quitting.

Now we are talking about 35 hours a week at $25 per hour. I had to ask
what great carreer choices this guy made, c'mon, he makes almost twice
as much as some engineers.

I got my answer, he is going to go be the manager of a hardware store.
Now I got nothing against hardware store managers, but how many of
them make fifty grand a year ?

I just don't know.

JURB

Smitty Two July 7th 07 03:25 PM

Things are that bad in this business ?

In article om,
wrote:

A few of you may know that story, how a guy took my old job so I just
went and took his. No hard feelings, business is business, plus we
collectively are saving about 50 miles of driving per workday.

Now I get a phone call from the old boss, he is quitting.

Now we are talking about 35 hours a week at $25 per hour. I had to ask
what great carreer choices this guy made, c'mon, he makes almost twice
as much as some engineers.

I got my answer, he is going to go be the manager of a hardware store.
Now I got nothing against hardware store managers, but how many of
them make fifty grand a year ?

I just don't know.

JURB

Money isn't everything.

Charles July 7th 07 09:30 PM

Things are that bad in this business ?

wrote in message
ps.com...
A few of you may know that story, how a guy took my old job so I just
went and took his. No hard feelings, business is business, plus we
collectively are saving about 50 miles of driving per workday.

Now I get a phone call from the old boss, he is quitting.

Now we are talking about 35 hours a week at $25 per hour. I had to ask
what great carreer choices this guy made, c'mon, he makes almost twice
as much as some engineers.

I got my answer, he is going to go be the manager of a hardware store.
Now I got nothing against hardware store managers, but how many of
them make fifty grand a year ?

Store managers often work 60 hour weeks.

Marra July 7th 07 09:36 PM

Things are that bad in this business ?

On 7 Jul, 21:30, "Charles" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

A few of you may know that story, how a guy took my old job so I just
went and took his. No hard feelings, business is business, plus we
collectively are saving about 50 miles of driving per workday.

Now I get a phone call from the old boss, he is quitting.

Now we are talking about 35 hours a week at $25 per hour. I had to ask
what great carreer choices this guy made, c'mon, he makes almost twice
as much as some engineers.

I got my answer, he is going to go be the manager of a hardware store.
Now I got nothing against hardware store managers, but how many of
them make fifty grand a year ?

Store managers often work 60 hour weeks.

Sometimes it is better to settle for something less stressfull.

Michael Kennedy July 8th 07 08:46 PM

Things are that bad in this business ?

"Marra" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 7 Jul, 21:30, "Charles" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

A few of you may know that story, how a guy took my old job so I just
went and took his. No hard feelings, business is business, plus we
collectively are saving about 50 miles of driving per workday.

Now I get a phone call from the old boss, he is quitting.

Now we are talking about 35 hours a week at $25 per hour. I had to ask
what great carreer choices this guy made, c'mon, he makes almost twice
as much as some engineers.

I got my answer, he is going to go be the manager of a hardware store.
Now I got nothing against hardware store managers, but how many of
them make fifty grand a year ?

Store managers often work 60 hour weeks.

Sometimes it is better to settle for something less stressfull.

I don't know if I would call being a store manager a low stress job. I
worked as an assistant manager once at a retail store and it was quite
stressful and unfufilling. I never felt like I accomplished anything.