DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony KV-27HFR - Bad Tuner? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/205532-sony-kv-27hfr-bad-tuner.html)

Chris F. July 4th 07 06:39 PM

Sony KV-27HFR - Bad Tuner?

This may be a toughie.... the set will tune in a station but will not lock
on, it just drifts back and forth, alternating between a picture and snow. I
replaced all the caps in the tuner section and it made no difference. I
can't locate a pre-scaler IC (which I've seen go bad on other sets), so I'm
assuming it's built into the tuner itself. Am I looking at a bad tuner at
this point? (Part# 1-463-771-11)
I'd normally junk anything needing a tuner, but this set just has too nice
a picture to give up on it.
Thanks for any advice.

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address

AJ July 4th 07 11:25 PM

Sony KV-27HFR - Bad Tuner?

Very good probablity, have you checked all the voltages associated with the
tuner and compared them to those listed in the service data? Easiest thing
may be to sub the tuner and try it.

Chris F. July 5th 07 03:28 PM

Sony KV-27HFR - Bad Tuner?

Yup the voltages are all good (don't have the manual but the voltages are
marked on the board). A 5V supply was measuring 4.7 (with no measurable AC
ripple) but I don't know if that's a problem or not....

. ..

Andy Cuffe July 15th 07 06:14 AM

Sony KV-27HFR - Bad Tuner?

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:26:35 -0300, "Chris F."
wrote:

I will give that a try, thanks.

The most common place is on the AFT coil, but check over everything
around the IF IC.

Andy Cuffe