DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Is there such a thing (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/205372-there-such-thing.html)

Ken G. July 3rd 07 12:19 AM

Is there such a thing

I would like a device that you put at a location in a building that
hooks to the phone line and if someone gets inside the building it will
call my cell phone .

jakdedert July 3rd 07 12:37 AM

Is there such a thing

Ken G. wrote:
I would like a device that you put at a location in a building that
hooks to the phone line and if someone gets inside the building it will
call my cell phone .

I believe it's known as a 'burglar alarm'...kind of obscure, I know; but
you might be able to find one. g

jak

Arfa Daily July 3rd 07 01:33 AM

Is there such a thing

"jakdedert" wrote in message
Ken G. wrote:
I would like a device that you put at a location in a building that
hooks to the phone line and if someone gets inside the building it will
call my cell phone .

I believe it's known as a 'burglar alarm'...kind of obscure, I know; but
you might be able to find one. g

jak

As Jak says, auto diallers, programmed with whatever number you want, are a
standard alarm accessory these days, for instance

http://planer.co.uk/html/auto_dialler.html

http://www.easylinkuk.co.uk/page38.html

http://www.alertelectrical.com/Burgl...rs/default.asp

All UK sites, but I guess the same can be found in the U.S. If not, I'm sure
you could get a UK one and hook it to a U.S. phone line.

Arfa