DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Amplified telephone picking up radio (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/205194-amplified-telephone-picking-up-radio.html)

dclist June 30th 07 09:07 PM

Amplified telephone picking up radio

I have an amplified telephone that is intermittently picking up a
radio station. Is this a common problem with amplified telephones? Any
suggestions to fix it?

Charles June 30th 07 10:31 PM

Amplified telephone picking up radio

"dclist" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an amplified telephone that is intermittently picking up a
radio station. Is this a common problem with amplified telephones? Any
suggestions to fix it?

Any chance the problem goes away after dark? The reason I ask is that many
AM broadcast stations must cut their transmit power after dark (FCC regs.).

A low-pass filter on the phone line might fix it. Once, the TELCOs would
provide the filter but that's probably no longer true. A 0.05 uF capacitor
across the phone line might work.

dclist July 1st 07 12:52 AM

On Jun 30, 4:14 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 13:07:24 -0700, dclist wrote:
I have an amplified telephone that is intermittently picking up a
radio station. Is this a common problem with amplified telephones? Any
suggestions to fix it?

Not common, do you live near an AM radio station?

I think that the nearest one is about 10 miles.

Smitty Two July 1st 07 01:22 AM

Amplified telephone picking up radio

In article .com,
dclist wrote:

On Jun 30, 4:14 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 13:07:24 -0700, dclist wrote:
I have an amplified telephone that is intermittently picking up a
radio station. Is this a common problem with amplified telephones? Any
suggestions to fix it?

Not common, do you live near an AM radio station?

I think that the nearest one is about 10 miles.

You sure it's a radio station and not a CB'er with a 5000 watt amp?

PhattyMo July 1st 07 11:19 AM

Amplified telephone picking up radio

Charles wrote:
"dclist" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an amplified telephone that is intermittently picking up a
radio station. Is this a common problem with amplified telephones? Any
suggestions to fix it?

Any chance the problem goes away after dark? The reason I ask is that many
AM broadcast stations must cut their transmit power after dark (FCC regs.).

A low-pass filter on the phone line might fix it. Once, the TELCOs would
provide the filter but that's probably no longer true. A 0.05 uF capacitor
across the phone line might work.

A DSL filter might work...

Charles July 1st 07 09:52 PM

Amplified telephone picking up radio