DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   looking for a school on how to install surveillance system (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/203713-looking-school-how-install-surveillance-system.html)

[email protected] June 14th 07 07:41 AM

looking for a school on how to install surveillance system

can someone tell me where a school in Los Angeles or around the los
angeles that tech in depth training on professional installation of
surveillance system for home and business i live in Lancaster calif

Jumpster Jiver June 14th 07 12:57 PM

wrote:

can someone tell me where a school in Los Angeles or around the los
angeles that tech in depth training on professional installation of
surveillance system for home and business i live in Lancaster calif

There probably isn't a school that has a course that teaches this as a
specific course.
Is you have some general knowledge in connecting low-voltage
electronics, can work well with your hands, and are willing to work your
way up, you may be able to get a job as a helper or apprentice at a
security installation company and learn as you work.
You should start with a few books on low-voltage wiring.
I don't have any specific titles, but look for books about telephone
wiring, computer networking, and secuity systems.
Good luck to you.