DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   xbox 360 DVD drives (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/202181-xbox-360-dvd-drives.html)

moonlite May 29th 07 06:02 PM

xbox 360 DVD drives

Is anyone familiar with these drives ? I replaced one with exactly the
same drive but now the machine won't work. I have a feeling these
drives are somehow "locked" to the motherboard. Does anyone know the
exact procedure to solve any software issues associated with DVD drive
replacement ?

Malissa Baldwin May 29th 07 06:30 PM

xbox 360 DVD drives

On May 29, 10:02 am, moonlite wrote:
Is anyone familiar with these drives ? I replaced one with exactly the
same drive but now the machine won't work. I have a feeling these
drives are somehow "locked" to the motherboard. Does anyone know the
exact procedure to solve any software issues associated with DVD drive
replacement ?

Have you googled first?

Greg May 31st 07 04:39 AM

xbox 360 DVD drives

On May 29, 10:30 am, Malissa Baldwin
wrote:
On May 29, 10:02 am, moonlite wrote:

Is anyone familiar with these drives ? I replaced one with exactly the
same drive but now the machine won't work. I have a feeling these
drives are somehow "locked" to the motherboard. Does anyone know the
exact procedure to solve any software issues associated with DVD drive
replacement ?

Have you googled first?

I have read somewhere these drives use proprietary firmware because
the data is read in reverse off of the DVD's. XBox 360 games are
burned in reverse for anti-piracy, the drive reads the data from the
outer edge of the disc, in towards the inner hub. I have no idea how
to resolve this issue short of taking a scrap drive from another XBox
360.