Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LP's to digital ? - help

Hi, I am not a computer or tech geek. I have over 1000 lp's and I need
some help so I can listen to them on wma or mp3. My old Gateway micro
tower has been just fine til now. I tried the Gateway 'Tech' site and
guess what, no help . I need to know if I can put some type of
card in the empty add-in slot in the back of this thing. All I need is
a card with RCA input jacks that I can plug my stereo into and turn
the analog signal into digital for wma or mp3 storage on a hard drive.
I do not know what type of connectors ( if any ! ) are in the empty
slot, I don't know what type of card I may need. I dont need any bells
or whistles, just interface from analog to digital via RCA inputs. Yes
I've seen the millions of ads for hardware/software programs that
restore the sound, arrange the tunes, bring disco back to life,
and...bla-bla-bla, I just need inputs and a processor to turn the
analog signal to digital...is there such a simple plug-in 'sound' card
device, and will it work in an old Gateway ???....thanks, Doug...
PS I promise not to listen to any of my lp's on an Ipod :smirk: