DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Problem with VCR VR630 Philips (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/200368-problem-vcr-vr630-philips.html)

M van Eijk May 11th 07 01:46 PM

Problem with VCR VR630 Philips

Hi,

I've a VCR Philips VR630.
The problem is that when I put in a tape and give a little
push...... nothing happened!

Is this the case that the whole mechanism has to be re-initialised?

Can someone give a little hint before I buy a service-manual?

Thanks in advance!

Michel

Franc Zabkar May 12th 07 01:33 AM

Problem with VCR VR630 Philips

On Fri, 11 May 2007 14:46:16 +0200, "M van Eijk"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I've a VCR Philips VR630.
The problem is that when I put in a tape and give a little
push...... nothing happened!

If this model has an incandescent video lamp, then I'd suspect that.
It should be in the middle of the deck, half way between the supply
and takeup reels, and at about the level of the tension arms. It is
designed to sit inside the hole in the bottom of your cassette.

While you're at it, I suggest you put a kit through it, ie video
belts, idler tyre(s), pinch roller, tension band, mode switch.

- Franc Zabkar

John_H May 12th 07 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M van Eijk
Hi,

I've a VCR Philips VR630.
The problem is that when I put in a tape and give a little
push...... nothing happened!

Is this the case that the whole mechanism has to be re-initialised?

Can someone give a little hint before I buy a service-manual?

Thanks in advance!

Michel

Hi Michel

You should look for the little switches on the elevator mechanism and clean them up...
sometimes contact switches are under the elevator assembly but be careful and make marks across all mechanism before disassemble to avoid timing errors when reassemble.

good luck!

John_H