DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Walkman plays slow (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/199849-walkman-plays-slow.html)

Macintosh Dragon May 6th 07 06:15 AM

Walkman plays slow

Hello!

I have an old Panasonic walkman model #RX-S35 that I recently purchased
at the Goodwill. The unit plays tapes slowly, but aside from that works
fine. Does anyone have any idea what I should check to try and fix this?

Thanks for any help!!

Douglas

:)

Homer J Simpson May 6th 07 07:51 AM

Walkman plays slow

"Macintosh Dragon" wrote in message

I have an old Panasonic walkman model #RX-S35 that I recently purchased
at the Goodwill. The unit plays tapes slowly, but aside from that works
fine. Does anyone have any idea what I should check to try and fix this?

Clean, lube, check the belts.

[email protected] May 6th 07 10:34 AM

Walkman plays slow

On 6 May, 07:51, "Homer J Simpson" wrote:
"Macintosh Dragon" wrote in message

I have an old Panasonic walkman model #RX-S35 that I recently purchased
at the Goodwill. The unit plays tapes slowly, but aside from that works
fine. Does anyone have any idea what I should check to try and fix this?

Clean, lube, check the belts.

Also clean heads & tape path.

Then tweak the motor speed control slightly, leaving it back where it
was. It may have a bt of dirt on the track.

NT

Malissa Baldwin May 13th 07 08:28 PM

Walkman plays slow

On May 5, 10:15 pm, Macintosh Dragon wrote:
Hello!

I have an old Panasonicwalkmanmodel #RX-S35 that I recently purchased
at the Goodwill. The unit plays tapes slowly, but aside from that works
fine. Does anyone have any idea what I should check to try and fix this?

Thanks for any help!!

Douglas

:)

It was probably once Sitre Magana's and he traded it in for a
doughnut.

Anyway, check for traces of glaze along the head and the capstan and
roller and clean.
Might want to check for traces of doughnut in the motor section and
belts.