Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What brand and supplier would you recommend for PC capacitors?

I'm looking to purchase some 6.3V 2200uf capacitors for PC motherboard
repairs. I can't find them at any local electronic stores in the
Houston, TX area, so I'm getting ready to order them online (and some
10V caps, too).

What brand and supplier do you recommend? I've registered with Digi-Key
Corp. and was considering ordering Panasonic caps from them, but first
I'd appreciate your suggestions. Maybe stop me from ordering the wrong
brand, etc.

Thanks!
John
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"John E" wrote in message
.. .
I'm looking to purchase some 6.3V 2200uf capacitors for PC motherboard
repairs. I can't find them at any local electronic stores in the Houston,
TX area, so I'm getting ready to order them online (and some 10V caps,
too).

What brand and supplier do you recommend? I've registered with Digi-Key
Corp. and was considering ordering Panasonic caps from them, but first I'd
appreciate your suggestions. Maybe stop me from ordering the wrong brand,
etc.

Thanks!
John

John -

Panasonic was the brand that I used last year to repair a bad Abit
motherboard (HP computer). Look very carefully at the DigiKey web pages and
you will find different lead spacing for the same value of electrolytic
capacitor -- spend a bit of time and get those measurements right -- for
ease of installation on motherboard.

Although I have a Pace MBT series for soldering and desoldering -- a fine
sewing needle and desoldering wick also were helpful in removing the old
capacitors and clearing the holes in these multi-layer motherboards.

IF you do not have one -- get a magnifying lamp -- for better vision.

gb

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 24 Apr, 01:46, John E wrote:
I'm looking to purchase some 6.3V 2200uf capacitors for PC motherboard
repairs. I can't find them at any local electronic stores in the
Houston, TX area, so I'm getting ready to order them online (and some
10V caps, too).

What brand and supplier do you recommend? I've registered with Digi-Key
Corp. and was considering ordering Panasonic caps from them, but first
I'd appreciate your suggestions. Maybe stop me from ordering the wrong
brand, etc.

Thanks!
John

It doesnt matter what brand it is, as long as you stay away from
reject stuff.

It might be helpful to know just where in circuit these are, as you
may need low ESR caps for some locations, such as switching regulator
outputs.

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

John E wrote:

I'm looking to purchase some 6.3V 2200uf capacitors for PC motherboard
repairs. I can't find them at any local electronic stores in the
Houston, TX area, so I'm getting ready to order them online (and some
10V caps, too).

What brand and supplier do you recommend? I've registered with Digi-Key
Corp. and was considering ordering Panasonic caps from them, but first
I'd appreciate your suggestions. Maybe stop me from ordering the wrong
brand, etc.

Panasonic are certainly pretty good.

More important for a PC mobo is that you get a low ESR type designed for high
frequency use.

Graham