DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   locked computer (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/198602-locked-computer.html)

[email protected] April 22nd 07 05:28 AM

locked computer

I have a IBM laptop that will not unlock with the correct code.Was
sent to dealer wanted to replace bios is this correct.

Jeff Liebermann April 22nd 07 06:02 AM

locked computer

hath wroth:

I have a IBM laptop that will not unlock with the correct code.Was
sent to dealer wanted to replace bios is this correct.

Yes. Anyone who cannot decode and disclose the exact model number of
their computer should resign themselves to following the instructions
of their dealer, which includes emptying your bank account.

Which password is locked? Bios, hard disk, supervisor setup, XP
administrator, or your own XP use password? The bypass proceedures
are all different depending on the model number, which you didn't
bother to supply.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Paul Feaker April 22nd 07 05:47 PM

locked computer

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a IBM laptop that will not unlock with the correct code.Was
sent to dealer wanted to replace bios is this correct.

Replace BIOS? Usually, you can just remove the battery to the BIOS or reset
it by means of a jumper to clear any codes.

Franc Zabkar April 22nd 07 11:01 PM

locked computer

On 21 Apr 2007 21:28:56 -0700, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

I have a IBM laptop that will not unlock with the correct code.Was
sent to dealer wanted to replace bios is this correct.

http://www.ja.axxs.net/unlock/

- Franc Zabkar

Clint Sharp April 23rd 07 09:25 PM

locked computer

In message , Franc Zabkar
writes
On 21 Apr 2007 21:28:56 -0700, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

I have a IBM laptop that will not unlock with the correct code.Was
sent to dealer wanted to replace bios is this correct.

http://www.ja.axxs.net/unlock/

- Franc Zabkar

Seconded, Joe's a good guy and very helpful.
--
Clint Sharp

John April 25th 07 02:20 AM

locked computer

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 09:47:26 -0700, "Paul Feaker"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
I have a IBM laptop that will not unlock with the correct code.Was
sent to dealer wanted to replace bios is this correct.

Replace BIOS? Usually, you can just remove the battery to the BIOS or reset
it by means of a jumper to clear any codes.

Unfortunately, that does NOT work with the IBM ThinkPad laptops...

John