Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Junior Member

Exclamation Cut of plug on pendant light and hardwire

I have a pendant light that is meant to hang from the ceiling and have a cord run down the wall to an outlet. I want to hardwire it right to the ceiling. I am unsure how to do this. Do I cut off all the way at the base and get a new set of wires that has a hot, neutral AND ground and reinsert that? If so, how do you do that? Do I cut off just the plug and wire it with the 2 wires in the cord? If so, isn't that a fire hazard? I am confused and could really use some advice on this.
Thanks!