Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default old tv's

my dad who died 30 years ago was 1 of the first in my area to have a tv
(from the early 50's). he also was a bit of a wiz as far as electronics in
the 50's and 60's.

my family home has a few older tv's as well as oscilloscopes and testing
equipment.

is there any market for this stuff?

tia

kevin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

kevin wrote:
my dad who died 30 years ago was 1 of the first in my area to have a tv
(from the early 50's). he also was a bit of a wiz as far as electronics in
the 50's and 60's.

my family home has a few older tv's as well as oscilloscopes and testing
equipment.

is there any market for this stuff?

There's a very few old TVs that are worth some significant cash, most of
them unfortunately are pretty worthless but some people do collect them
and I certainly wouldn't chuck them. Old test equipment is the same way,
a few specialized types are worth some cash, most are not worth more
than it'd cost to ship, if that, but I'm of the opinion that nothing of
that nature should be thrown out if it's still usable, at the very least
maybe it could inspire some kid to take up electronics.

Try rec.antiques.radio+phono for more info.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

kevin wrote:
my dad who died 30 years ago was 1 of the first in my area to have a tv
(from the early 50's). he also was a bit of a wiz as far as electronics in
the 50's and 60's.

my family home has a few older tv's as well as oscilloscopes and testing
equipment.

is there any market for this stuff?

tia

kevin

check here, there are many experts who can advise:

http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

--
http://freecycle.org/

or

http://www.craigslist.org/

recycling tv's etc. mm Electronics Repair 73 October 23rd 06 05:04 AM
recycling tv's etc. mm Home Repair 73 October 23rd 06 05:04 AM
Citizen TV's [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 September 20th 06 04:29 PM
Blurry TV's.. szy Electronics Repair 4 April 19th 06 07:30 PM
New Big TV's James Douglas Electronics Repair 0 February 19th 06 01:05 PM