DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   looking for 50x50x10mm 12v blower fan (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/196250-looking-50x50x10mm-12v-blower-fan.html)

[email protected] March 26th 07 09:51 PM

looking for 50x50x10mm 12v blower fan

I'm looking for a 50x50x10mm blower for an AOpen mini-PC. The
existing fan's sleeve bearings performed as expected and expired well
before they should have.

I've searched ebay and the web to no avail. Does anyone know of a
source of small blowers (less than or equal to) the above
dimensions? It has to be 12v and I would prefer it to have the third
sense lead as it's temperature controlled.

Thanks in advance!

Max

UCLAN March 26th 07 10:41 PM

http://www.nidec.com/ta200dc/ta200dc.htm

webpa March 28th 07 02:02 AM

On Mar 26, 12:51 pm, wrote:
I'm looking for a 50x50x10mm blower for an AOpen mini-PC. The
existing fan's sleeve bearings performed as expected and expired well
before they should have.

I've searched ebay and the web to no avail. Does anyone know of a
source of small blowers (less than or equal to) the above
dimensions? It has to be 12v and I would prefer it to have the third
sense lead as it's temperature controlled.

Thanks in advance!

Max

Google "All Electronics" "MCM Electronics" "Electronics Goldmine"
"Radio Shack", etc. to find a fan. When you receive your new fan,
visit a local pharmacy and obtain a 0.1 cc insulin hypodermic syringe
with a 0000 needle. Fill it with light oil ("Sewing Machine Oil"... 3-
in-1 Oil...Mobile 5 W 30 Full-Synthetic Motor Oil"). Periodically
inject a dolop (drop, bit, little-bit) of it through the adhesive
label in the center of the fan's blade assembly. There is no reason
why such a fan (either sleeve or ball-bearing) should not outlive your
computer, you, the sun, and the milky way galaxy, given sufficient
lubrication. In fact, lubricate your present fan and you may find you
don't actually need a new one after all. Ever.