DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tube source (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/195940-tube-source.html)

Juan Jimenez March 23rd 07 02:04 PM

Tube source

FYI, I was in Tokyo the other day, in the Akihabara electronics sector. Was
roaming inside the hallways in the building immediate outside the JR line
and found a little old man sleeping in a little shop about the size of a
closet, packed to the GILLS with all kinds of vacuum tubes. Must be nice to
live in a place as safe as Tokyo, no one even thought of taking advantage of
the old man. Anyway, if you're looking for tubes, that's the place to go.

Homer J Simpson March 23rd 07 07:32 PM

Tube source

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .
FYI, I was in Tokyo the other day, in the Akihabara electronics sector.
Was roaming inside the hallways in the building immediate outside the JR
line and found a little old man sleeping in a little shop about the size
of a closet, packed to the GILLS with all kinds of vacuum tubes. Must be
nice to live in a place as safe as Tokyo, no one even thought of taking
advantage of the old man. Anyway, if you're looking for tubes, that's the
place to go.

What's the address?

Juan Jimenez March 24th 07 03:06 AM

Tube source

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...02511&t=k&om=1

It's the building marked by the "F" tag. You have to enter the walkway
between it and the building to the right, second hallway on the right, about
7-8 shops down on the right.

Juan

Juan Jimenez March 30th 07 06:29 AM

Tube source

I just realized I have a ground level pic of the building and the entrance
to the shops.

http://picasaweb.google.com/flybd5/T...98946411505730

This view is coming out of the Akihabara JR train station. On the left side
there is a building sign that says "My Way". Walk in under that sign, second
hallway to the right. About 7-8 shops down, on the right hand side.

Juan