DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Strange LCD monitor symptom. MASCOT V chip? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/194943-strange-lcd-monitor-symptom-mascot-v-chip.html)

mike March 13th 07 09:09 PM

Strange LCD monitor symptom. MASCOT V chip?

I have a Sharp LL-T15A4-S LCD monitor.
Here's the symptom:
The screen is 12" wide.
Draw a vertical line 2" from the left side.
To the left of the line, the picture is perfect.
To the right of the line, every other horizontal
line is missing. Alternate horizontal lines
are perfect on the right of the line.

I can't think of a panel defect that could cause this.
Gotta be some addressing problem in the control chip.

I've been looking for information on the
CK1659 MASCOT V chip and the CS8528N chip in between
the MASCOT V and the panel.

I tried setting up a white screen, triggering on the
vertical sync and recording a few horizontal lines.
Instead of a clean signal, I see a LOT of noise and
maybe some places there's no signal, but it doesn't
correlate to the missing lines on the screen.
Shouldn't I expect clean digital signals to the panel?

Any info on how the MASCOT V works or FREE schematics of
this particular monitor? I did find a schematic of another
monitor with the MASCOT V chip and the signal names
suggest something about even and odd. But only part
of the odd horizontal lines have a problem.

I have lots of time and a desire to learn about this,
but I'm not willing to spend money on it.

Ideas?
Thanks, mike

--
Return address is VALID!
Bunch-O-Stuff Forsale He

Andy Cuffe March 14th 07 09:13 AM

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:09:20 GMT, mike wrote:

[...]

Have you checked for the basic problems? Despite all the complex
electronics in an LCD monitor, 9 times out of 10 these weird problems
are caused bt something simple like a bad cap, or bad soldering.
Andy Cuffe

mike March 14th 07 01:54 PM

Andy Cuffe wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the input. Yes, I have checked the obvious stuff.
Re-read my descripton and give me a clue as to how the heck this
can be happening??????
mike