DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Nec 17inch LCD Monitor (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/194802-nec-17inch-lcd-monitor.html)

Dick March 12th 07 12:52 AM

Nec 17inch LCD Monitor

Got a NEC 17inch monitor when powered up,stays on for about a second
and quits. The screen looks normal for that second.
I suppose it could be the inverter board,but I don't want to spend the $75.
if
it is something else. Anybody had this problem with this model ?
NEC 1700V LCD.
Thanks,
Dick

Sofie March 12th 07 11:25 PM

Nec 17inch LCD Monitor

snipped:
"Dick" wrote in message

it is something else. Anybody had this problem with this model ?
NEC 1700V LCD.
Thanks,
Dick

- - -- - - - - - - - --

Yea.... I had one, same model, it was a bad inverter board.

Dick March 13th 07 11:12 PM

Nec 17inch LCD Monitor

I checked those two fuses on the inverter board, AOK. I don't think the
screen would even light at all if those fuses were bad. I guess I will throw
it to the recycle center.
Thanks,
Dick

JW March 14th 07 11:40 AM

Nec 17inch LCD Monitor

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:12:04 GMT "Dick" wrote in
Message id: 8dGJh.4714$0W5.3911@trndny05:

I checked those two fuses on the inverter board, AOK. I don't think the
screen would even light at all if those fuses were bad.

Yes, it will if only one of them is bad. I've fixed several of these with
that fault. If the fuses are OK, and it has a valid video signal yet still
blanks out, then the inverter is bad.

I guess I will throw
it to the recycle center.

A pity. Did you price an inverter first?

Homer J Simpson March 14th 07 04:25 PM

Nec 17inch LCD Monitor

"Dick" wrote in message
I checked those two fuses on the inverter board, AOK. I don't think the
screen would even light at all if those fuses were bad. I guess I will
throw it to the recycle center.

http://freecycle.org/

or

http://www.craigslist.org/

Franc Zabkar March 14th 07 08:19 PM

Nec 17inch LCD Monitor

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:12:04 GMT, "Dick" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I checked those two fuses on the inverter board, AOK. I don't think the
screen would even light at all if those fuses were bad. I guess I will throw
it to the recycle center.
Thanks,
Dick

First change the electrolytic capacitors. It could be a cheap fix.

"Dick" wrote in message
Got a NEC 17inch monitor when powered up,stays on for about a second
and quits. The screen looks normal for that second.
I suppose it could be the inverter board,but I don't want to spend the
$75. if
it is something else. Anybody had this problem with this model ?
NEC 1700V LCD.
Thanks,
Dick

- Franc Zabkar

JW March 15th 07 10:04 AM

Nec 17inch LCD Monitor

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 06:40:22 -0500 JW wrote in Message id:
:

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:12:04 GMT "Dick" wrote in
Message id: 8dGJh.4714$0W5.3911@trndny05:

I checked those two fuses on the inverter board, AOK. I don't think the
screen would even light at all if those fuses were bad.

Yes, it will if only one of them is bad. I've fixed several of these with
that fault. If the fuses are OK, and it has a valid video signal yet still
blanks out, then the inverter is bad.

Um, forgot to mention that it could be one or more of the tubes as well.