Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sears, & JVC 27" TV no sound.

Someone must have seen this common problem! I checked for bad filter
caps in the amps & output..all ok! This occurs when you repair a set
for bad vertical. In the customer menu, there is no option to do
anything with the sound.

JVC Model # AV-27820 Chassis # A 53, or Sears (made by JVC) Model #
57-14367. This (no sound) issue sometimes happens after doing the
typical vertical repair, or after replacing the tuner, that was
damaged. No sound, & no way to turn on sound in menu. Has anyone seen
this? It's getting common for me, but I never get it solved. There is
gain from the audio output
ic. Seems like an EEPROM, or Micro issue! Thanks, Dani.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 26, 12:21 pm, "Dani" wrote:
Someone must have seen this common problem! I checked for bad filter
caps in the amps & output..all ok! This occurs when you repair a set
for bad vertical. In the customer menu, there is no option to do
anything with the sound.

JVC Model # AV-27820 Chassis # A 53, or Sears (made by JVC) Model #
57-14367. This (no sound) issue sometimes happens after doing the
typical vertical repair, or after replacing the tuner, that was
damaged. No sound, & no way to turn on sound in menu. Has anyone seen
this? It's getting common for me, but I never get it solved. There is
gain from the audio output
ic. Seems like an EEPROM, or Micro issue! Thanks, Dani.

Usually a mute problem, sound muted inside the IC by transistor that
has been switched by the Micro.
but wicking out the mute pin should bring back the sound.

A Little Bit of Everything..
http://www.whaatsoever.com