Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default DTS-42 Plasma (Daewoo) - seeking advice -lines in display

I brought this set in reluctantly, and this being my
first plasma ever, was hoping to get a few pointers
from the seasoned experts.
Here is what I'm working with:
http://webpages.charter.net/rumi2/daewooplasma.jpg

The lines are more populated at the left and decrease
toward the right. Lines are OVER picture and OSD.
Checked all connections and everything appears okay.
The service manual offers no schematics or useable
troubleshooting guides (for this situation).

Can anyone help me out? What sort of availability is
there with replacement parts for Daewoos?

Thanks a million,

Al

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 23, 11:06 pm, "427Cobraman" wrote:
I brought this set in reluctantly, and this being my
first plasma ever, was hoping to get a few pointers
from the seasoned experts.
Here is what I'm working with:http://webpages.charter.net/rumi2/daewooplasma.jpg

The lines are more populated at the left and decrease
toward the right. Lines are OVER picture and OSD.
Checked all connections and everything appears okay.
The service manual offers no schematics or useable
troubleshooting guides (for this situation).

Can anyone help me out? What sort of availability is
there with replacement parts for Daewoos?

Thanks a million,

Al

Failure is most likely the matrix driver ICs which are part of the
plasma panel.
Pretty much time to scrap the unit out.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 23 Feb 2007 20:06:48 -0800, "427Cobraman"
wrote:

I brought this set in reluctantly, and this being my
first plasma ever, was hoping to get a few pointers
from the seasoned experts.
Here is what I'm working with:
http://webpages.charter.net/rumi2/daewooplasma.jpg

The lines are more populated at the left and decrease
toward the right. Lines are OVER picture and OSD.
Checked all connections and everything appears okay.
The service manual offers no schematics or useable
troubleshooting guides (for this situation).

Can anyone help me out? What sort of availability is
there with replacement parts for Daewoos?

Looks like panel drivers are dying. The drivers are integrated in the
panel, which means throw it away.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
I brought this set in reluctantly, and this being my
first plasma ever, was hoping to get a few pointers
from the seasoned experts.
Here is what I'm working with:
http://webpages.charter.net/rumi2/daewooplasma.jpg

The lines are more populated at the left and decrease
toward the right. Lines are OVER picture and OSD.
Checked all connections and everything appears okay.
The service manual offers no schematics or useable
troubleshooting guides (for this situation).

Can anyone help me out? What sort of availability is
there with replacement parts for Daewoos?

Looks like panel drivers are dying. The drivers are integrated in the
panel, which means throw it away.- Hide quoted text -

Not what I was hoping to hear. If they are integrated into the panel,
what are the boards with edge-ribbon type connectors that are at the
top and sides of the panel? They have several IC's on them. I
believe they are referred to as "relay" boards (top, bottom, left, and
right). Thanks,

Al