DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sylvania SRT 2232X Problem....Worth Fixing (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/192836-sylvania-srt-2232x-problem-worth-fixing.html)

matt February 20th 07 03:00 PM

Sylvania SRT 2232X Problem....Worth Fixing

I have a 2003 Sylvania SRT 2233x TV. Yesterday, when I turnd it on,
the TV sounded like it powered up, but I got no screen picture. After
about 5 seconds, there is a click as if the TV is turning
off......although it is not.

Nothing I do will get any repsonse on the screen.

Any ideas of wha the problem is? Is it a DIY job? IF not, is it
worth the expesne of fixing or shoud I buy a new TV?

On a side note.....I am very frustrated with all the electronics I
have bought in the last 5 years....they all seem to fail. What brands
if any do you recommend? Do you get what you pay for?

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Charles Schuler February 20th 07 09:12 PM

Sylvania SRT 2232X Problem....Worth Fixing

"matt" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a 2003 Sylvania SRT 2233x TV. Yesterday, when I turnd it on,
the TV sounded like it powered up, but I got no screen picture. After
about 5 seconds, there is a click as if the TV is turning
off......although it is not.

Nothing I do will get any repsonse on the screen.

Any ideas of wha the problem is? Is it a DIY job? IF not, is it
worth the expesne of fixing or shoud I buy a new TV?

Not a DIY ... requires knowledge and can be dangerous.

On a side note.....I am very frustrated with all the electronics I
have bought in the last 5 years....they all seem to fail. What brands
if any do you recommend? Do you get what you pay for?

I am too. Brands that I used to trust have become shaky. Today, almost
EVERYTHING is engineered to survive the warranty period but at the lowest
possible manufacturing cost.