DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dell Axim X30: Source for connector? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/192755-dell-axim-x30-source-connector.html)

Reinhard Zwirner February 19th 07 05:53 PM

Dell Axim X30: Source for connector?

Him

I'm searching for a source where I can get the multipin connector
located at the bottom side of Dell Axim X30 PDA.

TIA

Reinhard

Jim Land February 19th 07 11:52 PM

Dell Axim X30: Source for connector?

Reinhard Zwirner wrote in
:

Him

I'm searching for a source where I can get the multipin connector
located at the bottom side of Dell Axim X30 PDA.

Looks like we need more info. What plugs into it? Can you post a closeup
photo of it on the web?

Reinhard Zwirner February 20th 07 09:18 PM

Dell Axim X30: Source for connector?

Jim Land schrieb:

Reinhard Zwirner wrote in
:

Him

I'm searching for a source where I can get the multipin connector
located at the bottom side of Dell Axim X30 PDA.

Looks like we need more info. What plugs into it? Can you post a closeup
photo of it on the web?

I did, but I'm not sure that it is really helpful:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/12b4-9.jpg

As can be seen there are some bent pins on the right side - obviously
the
former owner of the X30 wasn't very careful when inserting it into the
cradle.

In fact, it's a SM-type connector with 26 pins.

FWIW, here's the corresponding jack:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/12b4-a.jpg

CU

Reinhard

Jim Land February 20th 07 10:13 PM

Dell Axim X30: Source for connector?

Reinhard Zwirner wrote in
:

Jim Land schrieb:

Reinhard Zwirner wrote in
:

Him

I'm searching for a source where I can get the multipin connector
located at the bottom side of Dell Axim X30 PDA.

Looks like we need more info. What plugs into it? Can you post a
closeup photo of it on the web?

I did, but I'm not sure that it is really helpful:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/12b4-9.jpg

As can be seen there are some bent pins on the right side - obviously
the
former owner of the X30 wasn't very careful when inserting it into the
cradle.

In fact, it's a SM-type connector with 26 pins.

FWIW, here's the corresponding jack:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/12b4-a.jpg

The sync connector on the X30 is notorious for pins getting bent (even
when you're being careful!) and for being ridiculously difficult to
replace (unsoldering).

Best way: Send it to pocketpctechs (or similar) and have them replace it
for about US$60.
http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~un...~area~repairs-
Full+Service+Repairs.htm

Further info:
http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=136981

Reinhard Zwirner February 20th 07 10:56 PM

Jim Land schrieb:

The sync connector on the X30 is notorious for pins getting bent (even
when you're being careful!) and for being ridiculously difficult to
replace (unsoldering).

Hi Jim

Thank you very much for your answer though it's not really encouraging

Best way: Send it to pocketpctechs (or similar) and have them replace it
for about US$60.
http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~un...~area~repairs-
Full+Service+Repairs.htm

It's a long way to Tipp.../Fountain Valley! Probably a used X30 in good
condition is cheaper than repair + shipping + customs :-(!

Further info:
http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=136981

Best regards

Reinhard

Wes. February 23rd 07 03:52 AM

"Reinhard Zwirner" wrote in message
Jim Land schrieb:

The sync connector on the X30 is notorious for pins getting bent (even
when you're being careful!) and for being ridiculously difficult to
replace (unsoldering).

Hi Jim

Thank you very much for your answer though it's not really encouraging

Best way: Send it to pocketpctechs (or similar) and have them replace it
for about US$60.
http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~un...~area~repairs-
Full+Service+Repairs.htm

It's a long way to Tipp.../Fountain Valley! Probably a used X30 in good
condition is cheaper than repair + shipping + customs :-(!

Further info:
http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=136981

Best regards

Reinhard

Or salvage one from an LG phone, if the info on this site is corect

http://pinouts.ru/PDA/dell_axim_x30_pinout.shtml

Wes.