Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba DVD/R for PC

Hi all:

I'm experimenting a lot of problems with my DVD/R Toshiba, losing a
lot of DVDs & CDs for bad burning. Anyone has experimented issues
with this DVD/R's brand?.

Thanks for your time,
Siciliano

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Siciliano wrote:
Hi all:

I'm experimenting a lot of problems with my DVD/R Toshiba, losing a
lot of DVDs & CDs for bad burning. Anyone has experimented issues
with this DVD/R's brand?.

Thanks for your time,
Siciliano

If cleaning does not fix it, toss it. No parts or service literature for
computer drives. Your chances of fixing any problem other than cleaning are
remote.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mark:

Thanks a lot for you answer, I never tried to clean it but it is
almost new (1 year). I don't know, maybe a will buy a better one and
thats all....

Thanks again,
Regards,
Siciliano

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Siciliano wrote:
Mark:

Thanks a lot for you answer, I never tried to clean it but it is
almost new (1 year). I don't know, maybe a will buy a better one and
thats all....

Thanks again,
Regards,
Siciliano

The inside of a PC is a dusty environment - cleaning might help. Problem is,
computer dvd / cd drive are relatively difficult to get into for cleaning,
compared to a standalone home unit. Not a problem for a tech type, but lots
of people would have a bit of trouble. Then there's the issue of your time
vs. replacement cost...

Mark Z.