Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LED flicker

Hi, I have a 1989 IGT S plus Slot machine on which the LED displays
flicker, not so bad that they are hard to read but enough to be
annoying. Also stepper motors hum loudly sometimes and sometimes quiver
a little between spins. what components would I need to replace? Caps,
transformer, etc? Any slot techs out there? Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks, Mike
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mike Goertz wrote:
Hi, I have a 1989 IGT S plus Slot machine on which the LED displays
flicker, not so bad that they are hard to read but enough to be
annoying. Also stepper motors hum loudly sometimes and sometimes quiver
a little between spins. what components would I need to replace? Caps,
transformer, etc? Any slot techs out there? Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Are you sure the flicker is not just from the display multiplexing? It
would be worthwhile to check the filter capacitors in the power supply.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 19:09:18 -0600, Mike Goertz wrote:

Hi, I have a 1989 IGT S plus Slot machine on which the LED displays
flicker, not so bad that they are hard to read but enough to be
annoying. Also stepper motors hum loudly sometimes and sometimes quiver
a little between spins. what components would I need to replace? Caps,
transformer, etc? Any slot techs out there? Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks, Mike

I'd suggest you look at the power supply - sounds like excessive ripple from
failed caps, or a failed diode bridge.