DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HP 990CSE printer problems (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/190610-hp-990cse-printer-problems.html)

Peter January 27th 07 11:41 PM

HP 990CSE printer problems

My HP990CSE printer seems to be acting weird.

I figured out how to make the printer think the door is closed and observed
the printer in action.

It seems to take extra long to print and it appears each sentence either
has a small fraction being printed with each pass of the printer's head, or
it's printing very light and going over the same sentence multiple times.

Has anyone experienced this before?

tia

[email protected] January 28th 07 12:59 AM

HP 990CSE printer problems

Do you have an alignment section in you maintenance
program ? Have you tried reinstalling or updating the drivers ?

A Little Bit of Everything.
.. http://www.whaatsoever.com

William R. Walsh January 28th 07 05:14 AM

HP 990CSE printer problems

Hi!

Has anyone experienced this before?

Check for a misconfigured print quality option. If you have the printer set
to print in a high quality mode, it may actually be taking several passes to
complete a single line's worth of printing.

Failing that, check the printer and drivers on another computer.

William