DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Yamaha rx v850 repairman needed (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/190449-yamaha-rx-v850-repairman-needed.html)

[email protected] January 26th 07 01:53 PM

Yamaha rx v850 repairman needed

I own the Yahamas RX V850 which works great except the lighted display
is gone. It does not light and therefore you cannot tell anything

I know what the unit is worth and I know what a repair might cost but I
want it done

Can anyone suggest a repairperson

I prefer to send/take it somewhere as opposed to doing it myself

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Chuck January 26th 07 02:11 PM

On 26 Jan 2007 05:53:06 -0800, wrote:

I own the Yahamas RX V850 which works great except the lighted display
is gone. It does not light and therefore you cannot tell anything

I know what the unit is worth and I know what a repair might cost but I
want it done

Can anyone suggest a repairperson

I prefer to send/take it somewhere as opposed to doing it myself

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

You need to purchase the 14v lamp from a Yamaha dealer. It plugs in
so it is easy to replace. Chuck

Mark D. Zacharias January 27th 07 11:45 AM

Yamaha rx v850 repairman needed

Meat Plow wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:11:07 -0600, Chuck Has Frothed:

On 26 Jan 2007 05:53:06 -0800, wrote:

I own the Yahamas RX V850 which works great except the lighted
display is gone. It does not light and therefore you cannot tell
anything

I know what the unit is worth and I know what a repair might cost
but I want it done

Can anyone suggest a repairperson

I prefer to send/take it somewhere as opposed to doing it myself

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

You need to purchase the 14v lamp from a Yamaha dealer. It plugs in
so it is easy to replace. Chuck

Uh the 850 has a flurescent display.

I looked it up, it's definitely a lamp, like the RX-V890 was. Most Yamaha's
are flourescent but not the 850. Looked through the manual twice however,
and could not find the lamp part number. The schematic reference is PL 101.

Mark Z.

Mark D. Zacharias January 28th 07 01:43 PM

Yamaha rx v850 repairman needed

Meat Plow wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 05:45:06 -0600, Mark D. Zacharias Has Frothed:

Meat Plow wrote:
[...]

I was looking at a picture of an 850 on Google. Looked like it was an
electronic display to me.

http://www.oaktreeent.com/web_photos...ceiver_web.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/2uugek

Yeah, they look about the same, but some models do use the lamps (or did,
that is).

mz

Chuck January 29th 07 07:55 PM

wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:
[...]

Thanks Mark. I ran a Yamaha warranty station when this unit was new
and I was pretty sure it used a lamp. They were a high failure part
but I can't remember the part number. Chuck

Ken Weitzel January 29th 07 11:54 PM

wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:
[...]

Hi....

Here's a whole bunch of parts for your machine, but no bulb or lamp
separately. Seems most things are inexpensive, perhaps one includes the
lamp? Maybe it'll be of a bit of help anyway? :)

If nothing else, there's a service manual, which probably well
identifies the lamp.

http://www.partstore.com/ModelDetail...se=0& exact=1

Take care.

Ken

Mark D. Zacharias January 31st 07 11:18 AM

wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:
[...]

Yamaha parts department can identify the lamp, 800-854-1965.

Alternatively, there's a fellow on eBay selling LED replacements for fuse
lamps etc. I've dealt with him and he's fine. He says he can provide
replacement LED's for the 14 volt Yamaha lamps, though I think you'd
probably have to solder the lamp to the existing wire / plug set and
insulate using shrink-wrap or electrical tape.

and reverse the domain name.

Mark Z.