Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Twin Cities electronic parts dealers?

I need to buy a 6800uf 42wv electrolytic capacitor.

Does anyone know of a good electronic parts person in the Twin Cities?

I don't want to order online and pay for shipping, and Radio Shack
doesn't carry this part.

Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"bryanska" wrote in news:1169170366.063693.193880@
11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com:

Does anyone know of a good electronic parts person in the Twin Cities?

I think you will do better by asking this question in the Minnesota
newsgroup, mn.general
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I think you will do better by asking this question in the Minnesota
newsgroup, mn.general

I will post there, but in the meanwhile I sure could use your help.

I put the capacitor figures in the message, so future folks looking for
this rare capacitor will have some help. So while it's asking for a
local answer, this post will archive this capacitor's location for
future reference. Non-MPLS folks can order one up.

Also, after some research, I learned you can replace this capacitor
with a 6800uf 50v type. Using one with slightly higher voltage rating
is perfectly OK

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"bryanska" wrote in news:1169221106.693550.60160
@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I think you will do better by asking this question in the Minnesota
newsgroup, mn.general

I will post there, but in the meanwhile I sure could use your help.

I put the capacitor figures in the message, so future folks looking for
this rare capacitor will have some help. So while it's asking for a
local answer, this post will archive this capacitor's location for
future reference. Non-MPLS folks can order one up.

Also, after some research, I learned you can replace this capacitor
with a 6800uf 50v type. Using one with slightly higher voltage rating
is perfectly OK

If it was me, I'd just order one from Mouser or Digikey or any of the big
national parts houses (in stock) but since you want to shop locally, you
might try AEI Electronic Parts in Golden Valley. Otherwise, the Ax Man
Surplus stores (several in the Twin Cities area) or ABC Electronics in
the warehouse disctict, where you have the fun of sorting through the
parts on the shelf to see if there's one you can use.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"bryanska" wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to buy a 6800uf 42wv electrolytic capacitor.

Does anyone know of a good electronic parts person in the Twin Cities?

I don't want to order online and pay for shipping, and Radio Shack
doesn't carry this part.

Thanks!

DIGI-KEY (and its huge warehouse)
is in your backyard (Thief River Falls, MN) -- surprised you did not know
that.

gb