DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Envision EN-710e (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/189425-envision-en-710e.html)

Bill W. January 16th 07 10:57 PM

Envision EN-710e

My Dad has an old monitor he would like repaired. This Envision 710-e
has the following symptoms:

raster is very dim and has decreased by about one-third, not a front
panel adjustment problem.

diagonal lines across what is left of the raster.

hissing sound coming from transformer (not flyback) in SMPS.

I swapped the transformer from my (same model) monitor and it didn't
help. I also checked semiconductors with a multimeter (I know, not
much of a test) and didn't find any shorts or opens. I also checked
electrolytic caps with an ESR meter and they seem to be O.K.

Can anyone help fix this old monitor? The landfill doesn't need any
more electronics tossed in it. Thanks for any help!

Bill W. January 16th 07 11:07 PM

Envision EN-710e

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:57:09 -0500, Bill W.
wrote:

My Dad has an old monitor he would like repaired. This Envision 710-e
has the following symptoms:

raster is very dim and has decreased by about one-third, not a front
panel adjustment problem.

diagonal lines across what is left of the raster.

hissing sound coming from transformer (not flyback) in SMPS.

I swapped the transformer from my (same model) monitor and it didn't
help. I also checked semiconductors with a multimeter (I know, not
much of a test) and didn't find any shorts or opens. I also checked
electrolytic caps with an ESR meter and they seem to be O.K.

Can anyone help fix this old monitor? The landfill doesn't need any
more electronics tossed in it. Thanks for any help!

I guess I should have mentioned in the original post that I touched-up
any suspect solder joints.

me January 17th 07 01:31 AM

Envision EN-710e

Bill W. wrote in
:

My Dad has an old monitor he would like repaired. This Envision 710-e

B.S.

has the following symptoms:

raster is very dim and has decreased by about one-third, not a front
panel adjustment problem.

diagonal lines across what is left of the raster.

hissing sound coming from transformer (not flyback) in SMPS.

I swapped the transformer from my (same model) monitor and it didn't
help. I also checked semiconductors with a multimeter (I know, not
much of a test) and didn't find any shorts or opens. I also checked
electrolytic caps with an ESR meter and they seem to be O.K.

Can anyone help fix this old monitor? The landfill doesn't need any
more electronics tossed in it. Thanks for any help

Off hand, check diodes and capacitors around the flyback transformer