DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SONY Handycam H*E*L*P (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/188411-sony-handycam-h%2Ae%2Al%2Ap.html)

ee_design January 7th 07 05:15 PM

SONY Handycam H*E*L*P

My son dropped off his SONY Handycam model CCD TR517 hoping I could fix
it and now I am asking anyone that has knowledge of these for your
help. Briefly, if I put in a charged battery I can do all playback
fuctions OK. If I try to access record mode it locks up and does
nothing and the lcd info display is blank. Also, it will not return to
playback at this point unless the battery is removed and re-installed.
I have considerable experience repairing electronics but that dates
back to when things could be repaired. Does anyone know if this is just
some simple quirk of this item or is it, as I fear, just another piece
of hi-tek throw-away junk from the mega manufacturer? I sincerely
appreciate in advance any time and assistance in answering.
Paul

Homer J Simpson January 7th 07 09:05 PM

SONY Handycam H*E*L*P

"ee_design" wrote in message
ups.com...
My son dropped off his SONY Handycam model CCD TR517 hoping I could fix
it

How much was the repair quote?

JR North January 7th 07 09:34 PM

SONY Handycam H*E*L*P

Possibly a fault with the VCR/Camera mode switch. Does the camera
operate normally on Standby in the Camera mode, and lock when Record
button is pressed? Or does it lock when switching from VCR to Camera?
JR