Posted to sci.electronics.repair
zap zap is offline

Default transistor pinout question,..

For the SK3007A series and for transistors in general, what does the
tab or colored dot indicate in terms of pinout? The collector?
Sometimes the pinout is diagramed but I don't know if they are showing
the top perspective or the bottom perspective, which would be the
opposite.
Thank you.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"zap" wrote in message
For the SK3007A series and for transistors in general, what does the
tab or colored dot indicate in terms of pinout? The collector?
Sometimes the pinout is diagramed but I don't know if they are showing
the top perspective or the bottom perspective, which would be the
opposite.
Thank you.

A tab on a package for a standard BJT, usually indicates the emitter. A
paint dot used to indicate the collector, but this is rare now. Almost all
Japanese ( 2SA, B, C, D ) BJT's in a TO92 package have pinning of E-C-B with
the device held pins down, and the flat towards you. Same goes for the much
smaller packages that they use with a chamfered rather than half rounded
back. Unfortunately, same cannot be said for U.S. ( 2N ) series devices, or
European ( BC,BF etc ), where you will nornally need to look them up. Power
devices in all varieties of flatpack such as TO220, Isowatt etc, normally
have pinning of B-C-E, with the device held pins down, and the heat
dissipating surface or metal tab, away from you. Alternatively, the writing
towards you if you prefer to think of it that way. Any exposed metal on the
device is usually common with the collector connection. TO3 "can" type power
transistors' pins are B-E, with the device held pins up, with their offset
from the centre line, away from you. The can is the collector connection.
FETs re-write the book, so I would recommend looking them up - there are
many good free datasheet sources on the net - just Google for them. Pinouts
on schematics and data sheets, where they are just a plan view of the
device, are invariably shown from the bottom looking onto the pins or
leadouts.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
zap zap is offline

Thank you for your post. I found no information on pinout and only on
or two instances of specifications. Only bid sheets for companies
wanting you to buy things by the thousands. Thanks again for your
post.

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 09:37:25 GMT, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"zap" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 01:56:33 -0800, zap wrote:

Thank you for your post. I found no information on pinout and only on
or two instances of specifications. Only bid sheets for companies
wanting you to buy things by the thousands. Thanks again for your
post.

Try using Google's advanced search and search on datasheet and the part#. That
eliminates a lot of the crud.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"zap" wrote in message ...
Thank you for your post. I found no information on pinout and only on
or two instances of specifications. Only bid sheets for companies
wanting you to buy things by the thousands. Thanks again for your
post.

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 09:37:25 GMT, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"zap" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Try this web site for data sheets.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/index.html

Tony

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

zap wrote in news:9pg1q2lt1oro4il9mcdokpho4hfrdo16ek@
4ax.com:

Thank you for your post. I found no information on pinout and only on
or two instances of specifications. Only bid sheets for companies
wanting you to buy things by the thousands.

You can search for an ECG replacement at
http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm
and then view the data sheet for the replacement, which shows the pinout.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Tony Marsillo" wrote in message

"zap" wrote in message
Thank you for your post. I found no information on pinout and only on
or two instances of specifications. Only bid sheets for companies
wanting you to buy things by the thousands. Thanks again for your
post.

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 09:37:25 GMT, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"zap" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

www.datasheetarchive.com and www.alldatasheet.com and
www.allicmall.com are other useful sources

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jim Land wrote:

zap wrote in news:9pg1q2lt1oro4il9mcdokpho4hfrdo16ek@
4ax.com:

Thank you for your post. I found no information on pinout and only on
or two instances of specifications. Only bid sheets for companies
wanting you to buy things by the thousands.

You can search for an ECG replacement at
http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm
and then view the data sheet for the replacement, which shows the pinout.

Something missing from the electronic version of the NTE reference is
the footnotes. Some subs are "Electrically Identical", but the pinout
and or case may be different.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Search at: http://stshome.de/smd-code/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Legasteniker wrote:

Search at: http://stshome.de/smd-code/

The SK3007A is not SMD, it is an early germanium TO-1 metal cased
component from the late '60s

Part Number = SK3007A
Manufacturer Name = Various
Description = Ge PNP Power BJT
V(BR)CEO (V) = 16
V(BR)CBO (V) = 32
I(C) Abs.(A) Collector Current = 1.0
Absolute Max. Power Diss. (W) = 1.0
h(FE) Min. Static Current Gain = 55
h(FE) Max. Current gain. = 175
@I(C) (A) (Test Condition) = 5.0m
f(T) Min. (Hz) Transition Freq = 1.5M
Package = TO-1
Military = N

http://www.datasheets.org.uk/specsheet.php?part=SK3007A

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:

"zap" wrote in message
[...]

And beware of some devices like the once very popular BC214 that have a variant
the BC214L with different pinout. I guess this was done so it could substitute
in either of the 2 popular lead configurations.

Graham

Transistor Substitution Question Chris F. Electronics Repair 22 December 3rd 06 08:06 PM
Transistor signal direction question TeGGeR® Electronics Repair 5 June 4th 05 06:55 PM
Question on transistor equivs Coyoteboy Electronics 3 May 5th 05 12:15 PM
Transistor question CJ Electronics 3 February 17th 05 07:10 PM
Transistor CS1092G in Sutton 8 transistor AM-radio ? Matti Kaki Electronics Repair 8 October 22nd 03 09:13 PM