DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hitatchi problem, put in new power supply. Attatched a pic (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/188237-hitatchi-problem-put-new-power-supply-attatched-pic.html)

[email protected] January 6th 07 02:24 AM

Hitatchi problem, put in new power supply. Attatched a pic

I have posted the problem with my Hitatchi big screen.. I now have put
in a new power supply. I hooked it up and it would shut down upon
turning the tv on.. I was trouble shooting and found that if I
disconnected the two connectors pictured the tv will come on and stay
on. It has sound but no pic obviously. There are 3 connectors that
go to the board board beside the power board that controls the color
tubes. When I push these connectors in the power board will shut off..
Any ideas what to check for. Another question.. To remove the board I
have to unhook the 4 wires that power the color tubes. These are
plugged into the transformer. Do I just unplug these or are there
precautions to take before unplugging them?