DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Philips 28DW6734 no red (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/187037-philips-28dw6734-no-red.html)

Niv December 26th 06 02:48 PM

Philips 28DW6734 no red

The above model TV started to flicker, losing red then reappearing.
I don't think its the tube (guaranteed anyway), bt somewhere in the
gun drive.

CAn someone point me at a website with the schematics?

I'm afraid my tv/analogue skills are rather weak as I'm a VHDL/FPGA
designer.
Any help welcome.
(Also, my old 'scope burnt out, so diagnostics are difficult as well!).

TIA, Niv

[email protected] December 26th 06 11:12 PM

Philips 28DW6734 no red

Niv wrote:

The above model TV started to flicker, losing red then reappearing.

so a bad connection

I don't think its the tube (guaranteed anyway), bt somewhere in the
gun drive.

right

CAn someone point me at a website with the schematics?

I'm afraid my tv/analogue skills are rather weak as I'm a VHDL/FPGA
designer.
Any help welcome.
(Also, my old 'scope burnt out, so diagnostics are difficult as well!).

TIA, Niv

You only need a multimeter to track it down. Youve got 3 colour
channels to compare too which makes things easier. I'd start at the
tube cathode and work back, see where things start to line up between
the 3 channels.

NT

b December 27th 06 01:55 AM

Philips 28DW6734 no red

Niv ha escrito:

The above model TV started to flicker, losing red then reappearing.
I don't think its the tube (guaranteed anyway), bt somewhere in the
gun drive.

start by resoldering crt neck board etc. sounds like bad joint . may
have led to the red resistor opening
-B.

Malissa Baldwin December 27th 06 05:02 PM

Philips 28DW6734 no red

Niv wrote:
The above model TV started to flicker, losing red then reappearing.
I don't think its the tube (guaranteed anyway), bt somewhere in the
gun drive.

CAn someone point me at a website with the schematics?

I'm afraid my tv/analogue skills are rather weak as I'm a VHDL/FPGA
designer.
Any help welcome.
(Also, my old 'scope burnt out, so diagnostics are difficult as well!).

TIA, Niv

Never hear of a Protron losing reds and reappearing, now do we?