DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tektronix Scope - Slide Switch Problems - What type of safe lubricant (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/185343-tektronix-scope-slide-switch-problems-what-type-safe-lubricant.html)

Jim Flanagan December 9th 06 09:56 PM

Tektronix Scope - Slide Switch Problems - What type of safe lubricant

Hi...
The Tek scope that I recently acquired has a number of front panel
slide switches that do not operate very well. Most have a rough
action and are sometimes difficult to move back and forth. I tried
using Craig labs DeOxit, which seems to clean up any electrical problems
but I need some type of lubricant which would be safe, electrically.

I would prefer to just replace the switches, but I've searched high and
low. It seems that my only alternative is to recondition the originals.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks -
jim

n cook December 9th 06 10:19 PM

Tektronix Scope - Slide Switch Problems - What type of safe lubricant

Jim Flanagan wrote in message
.. .
Hi...
The Tek scope that I recently acquired has a number of front panel
slide switches that do not operate very well. Most have a rough
action and are sometimes difficult to move back and forth. I tried
using Craig labs DeOxit, which seems to clean up any electrical problems
but I need some type of lubricant which would be safe, electrically.

I would prefer to just replace the switches, but I've searched high and
low. It seems that my only alternative is to recondition the originals.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks -
jim

somewhere on my files
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/tips.htm
or
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/tips2.htm
is reconditioning of slide switches

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Matthew Kirkcaldie December 10th 06 03:47 AM

Tektronix Scope - Slide Switch Problems - What type of safe lubricant

In article ,
Jim Flanagan wrote:

I tried
using Craig labs DeOxit, which seems to clean up any electrical problems
but I need some type of lubricant which would be safe, electrically.

DeoxIT Gold contains a lubricant. Those Caig products are brilliant for
cleaning switches, contacts and pots. Pity no-one in Aus seems to stock
them - or do they?

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.292/.f

Cheers, MK.

niftydog December 11th 06 03:18 AM

Matthew Kirkcaldie wrote:
DeoxIT Gold contains a lubricant. Those Caig products are brilliant for
cleaning switches, contacts and pots. Pity no-one in Aus seems to stock
them - or do they?

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.292/.f

I get ours from Caprina.
http://www.caprina.com.au/