DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT : vhs quick erase (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/184239-ot-vhs-quick-erase.html)

b November 29th 06 11:25 AM

OT : vhs quick erase

I saw mentioned in an instruction booklet for a panasonic vhs-dvd a
'quick erase' function. according to the blurb, it enables you to
re-record a tape 'without loss of quality'.
what the F%$& is this?? what does it do?
-B.

[email protected] November 29th 06 05:35 PM

OT : vhs quick erase

b wrote:

I saw mentioned in an instruction booklet for a panasonic vhs-dvd a
'quick erase' function. according to the blurb, it enables you to
re-record a tape 'without loss of quality'.
what the F%$& is this?? what does it do?
-B.

erase the tape quickly.

Seriously, I've no idea what else youre asking, give us a clue.

NT

Homer J Simpson November 30th 06 03:05 AM

vhs quick erase

"b" wrote in message
oups.com...
I saw mentioned in an instruction booklet for a panasonic vhs-dvd a
'quick erase' function. according to the blurb, it enables you to
re-record a tape 'without loss of quality'.
what the F%$& is this?? what does it do?

Maybe it rewinds the DVD?

:)

Greg November 30th 06 06:58 AM

vhs quick erase

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message

"b" wrote in message
oups.com...
I saw mentioned in an instruction booklet for a panasonic vhs-dvd a
'quick erase' function. according to the blurb, it enables you to
re-record a tape 'without loss of quality'.
what the F%$& is this?? what does it do?

Maybe it rewinds the DVD?

:)

Fast forwards the morning newspaper? ;)

T Shadow November 30th 06 08:21 AM

vhs quick erase

"b" wrote in message
oups.com...
I saw mentioned in an instruction booklet for a panasonic vhs-dvd a
'quick erase' function. according to the blurb, it enables you to
re-record a tape 'without loss of quality'.
what the F%$& is this?? what does it do?
-B.

VHS is roughly equivalent to 300X480 or less resolution in digital. If you
capture it at DVDs 720X480 then copy that back to tape the loss would be
minimal. Probably only useful if you wanted to make multiple tape copies of
a tape. VHS starts out crappy so all the copies will be too. As cheap as DVD
players are now a dubious feature.

Can't imagine what it would have to do with quick erase.

b December 1st 06 01:57 AM

vhs quick erase

Greg wrote:
"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message

"b" wrote in message
oups.com...
I saw mentioned in an instruction booklet for a panasonic vhs-dvd a
'quick erase' function. according to the blurb, it enables you to
re-record a tape 'without loss of quality'.
what the F%$& is this?? what does it do?

Maybe it rewinds the DVD?

:)

Fast forwards the morning newspaper? ;)

maybe!
In all my years i have never seen such a thing. I just noticed it in
this manual i came across for a dvd vhs combo. Maybe it switches on the
erase head during rewind or something? model number is nv-vp31 (or 31
or 26) . page 28 of the booklet.
-B.

Homer J Simpson December 1st 06 03:20 AM

vhs quick erase

"b" wrote in message
ups.com...

maybe!
In all my years i have never seen such a thing. I just noticed it in
this manual i came across for a dvd vhs combo. Maybe it switches on the
erase head during rewind or something? model number is nv-vp31 (or 31
or 26) . page 28 of the booklet.

Isn't that a disaster waiting to happen!!!