DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   61SWX01W hitachi rptv problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/184216-61swx01w-hitachi-rptv-problem.html)

Gary November 29th 06 05:19 AM

61SWX01W hitachi rptv problem

My set blanks out when feeding it 480p. I sent one dvd player back
(thinking it sourced the problem) before stumbling onto multiple posts
describing the problem and a known fix. Looks like plenty of others have
noted the difficulty w/ 480p (and up??) on this (and other hitachi)
sets. 2 questions then: will the set handle 480p without difficulty or
the same trouble and is there anyone out there who has done the
capacitor fix themselves (and can give me just a bit of guidance). Tnx
very much in advance.

gary