DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I need to find a mirror for a Sony Projection tv (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/183913-i-need-find-mirror-sony-projection-tv.html)

[email protected] November 26th 06 06:12 PM

I need to find a mirror for a Sony Projection tv

Hi guys,
I am having trouble finding a replacement mirror for a Sony model
number KP-46C36 rear projection tv. Can somebody help me with this. Can
I go to a local glass shop and get a mirror cut, or does anyone have
anywhere where I can get a mirror. Any Suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks

November 26th 06 10:40 PM

I need to find a mirror for a Sony Projection tv

any first surface good grade commercial mirror will do.

make sure the reflective surface of the mirror is NOT seen thru the
thickness of the glass.

it may be prudent to spray with a light coat of good grade acrylic clear
also, to prevent any unexpected corrosion from moisture or other
contaminants

or try ebay, they have tons of guys with these parts or surplus

ups.com...

James Sweet November 27th 06 04:52 AM

wrote:
Hi guys,
I am having trouble finding a replacement mirror for a Sony model
number KP-46C36 rear projection tv. Can somebody help me with this. Can
I go to a local glass shop and get a mirror cut, or does anyone have
anywhere where I can get a mirror. Any Suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried Sony? They've been pretty good for parts when I needed
things. You'll need a front surface mirror, but other than that there
isn't anything special about it.

Henry Kolesnik November 28th 06 02:01 PM

I need to find a mirror for a Sony Projection tv

Talk to some of the larger retailers that take them in on trade and theen
they go to the dumpster..
I've seen many in Tulsa and even salvaged a few lense!

[email protected] December 2nd 06 09:17 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi guys,
I am having trouble finding a replacement mirror for a Sony model
number KP-46C36 rear projection tv. Can somebody help me with this. Can
I go to a local glass shop and get a mirror cut, or does anyone have
anywhere where I can get a mirror. Any Suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks

The only problem i am having is finding the dimensions of the mirror.
How can I do this? Does anyone have one, if so can they give me the
dimensions of the mirror? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

jakdedert December 2nd 06 09:20 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi guys,
I am having trouble finding a replacement mirror for a Sony model
number KP-46C36 rear projection tv. Can somebody help me with this. Can
I go to a local glass shop and get a mirror cut, or does anyone have
anywhere where I can get a mirror. Any Suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks

The only problem i am having is finding the dimensions of the mirror.
How can I do this? Does anyone have one, if so can they give me the
dimensions of the mirror? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Measure the hole?

jak