Scoped audio up to relays is fine.
but still 27 Volts across relay coil. No signal to drop one side low and thus kick in the relay.
WHY ??? ayone run into this before?

boardjunkie November 13th 06 05:33 PM

Sony STR-V444ES

lid wrote:
Sony STR-V444ES speakers audio isnt kicking in.
Good audio to the Headphones is fine.
Scoped audio up to relays is fine.
but still 27 Volts across relay coil. No signal to drop one side low and thus kick in the relay.
WHY ??? ayone run into this before?

Bad transistor responsible for switching the gnd path for the relay
coil.

Arfa Daily November 13th 06 06:45 PM

Sony STR-V444ES

"boardjunkie" wrote in message
oups.com...

lid wrote:
Sony STR-V444ES speakers audio isnt kicking in.
Good audio to the Headphones is fine.
Scoped audio up to relays is fine.
but still 27 Volts across relay coil. No signal to drop one side low and
thus kick in the relay.
WHY ??? ayone run into this before?

Bad transistor responsible for switching the gnd path for the relay
coil.

No DC offset on the audio up to the relay on either channel ? If there is
any, the protect circuit will inhibit the relay.

Arfa

boardjunkie November 13th 06 10:18 PM

Sony STR-V444ES

Arfa Daily wrote:

No DC offset on the audio up to the relay on either channel ? If there is
any, the protect circuit will inhibit the relay.

Arfa

Ahhh...good point. Yes, look for any DC at the output.

Mark D. Zacharias November 14th 06 11:56 AM

Sony STR-V444ES

lid wrote:
Sony STR-V444ES speakers audio isnt kicking in.
Good audio to the Headphones is fine.
Scoped audio up to relays is fine.
but still 27 Volts across relay coil. No signal to drop one side low
and thus kick in the relay. WHY ??? ayone run into this before?

I think I've seen bad 1 ohm resistors in the power supply cause this. In the
rear corner of the machine.

Mark Z.