DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toshiba 2104RE Vertical Instability (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/182109-toshiba-2104re-vertical-instability.html)

rogersk8ter November 10th 06 12:18 PM

Toshiba 2104RE Vertical Instability

Vertical rolling only while watching broadcast. Played a DVD thru
external input and it was stable. Any tips greatly apreciated. Thanks

b November 10th 06 02:23 PM

Toshiba 2104RE Vertical Instability

rogersk8ter ha escrito:

Vertical rolling only while watching broadcast. Played a DVD thru
external input and it was stable. Any tips greatly apreciated. Thanks

check the tuner's 33v and if need be replace any caps on that line.
-b.

rogersk8ter November 10th 06 03:58 PM

Toshiba 2104RE Vertical Instability

b wrote:
rogersk8ter ha escrito:

Vertical rolling only while watching broadcast. Played a DVD thru
external input and it was stable. Any tips greatly apreciated. Thanks

check the tuner's 33v and if need be replace any caps on that line.
-b.

The Tuner is Toshiba TERD1-068A(found nothing in the internet). 33v ? U
mean BM pin? I measured as 12v.

rogersk8ter November 11th 06 08:51 AM

Toshiba 2104RE Vertical Instability

Here is an update. I substitute the Tuner's IF signal from another good
tuner but the result is the same--vertical rolling. Guess Im close but
still not on it yet. Help appreciated.

Michael A. Terrell November 11th 06 03:23 PM

rogersk8ter wrote:

Here is an update. I substitute the Tuner's IF signal from another good
tuner but the result is the same--vertical rolling. Guess Im close but
still not on it yet. Help appreciated.

Is there a coupling capacitor in the video path? If there is, it is
probably gone down in capacitance, and is rolling off the low frequency
response.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

rogersk8ter November 11th 06 04:25 PM

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
rogersk8ter wrote:

Here is an update. I substitute the Tuner's IF signal from another good
tuner but the result is the same--vertical rolling. Guess Im close but
still not on it yet. Help appreciated.

Is there a coupling capacitor in the video path? If there is, it is
probably gone down in capacitance, and is rolling off the low frequency
response.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell

Right Micheal, there is 1 or 2 i guess. need to check again. I only
take note of the electrolytic caps. Thanks.
Central Florida