DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   zenith tv model srv1033s, remote UREMT32MM002 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/181931-zenith-tv-model-srv1033s-remote-uremt32mm002.html)

[email protected] November 8th 06 06:03 PM

zenith tv model srv1033s, remote UREMT32MM002

hello,
this is not really a repair question, but i figure someone in this
group would know.

i tried to get a replacement remote, and the closest one they could
send me (not the original zenith remote, something with the number
rc4002 at the top) has a button on it labeled "wake-up/sleep." the
original remote had one button for "sleep" and another button for
"alarm." the new remote's "wake-up/sleep" button seems to function
identically to the original remote's "sleep" button: push it once to
stand by, twice to sleep in 30 min, three times to sleep in 60 min, et
cetera up to 120 min, and then back to standby. i presume the
"wake-up" portion of the "wake-up/sleep" function is to set the
alarm...? but i cannnot find any way to work this feature. on the
original remote, when you press "alarm", it brings up something like
ALARM HH:MM AM and you press the numbers to set the hour, minute, and
select am/pm of the alarm time. this feature is a deal breaker for me;
i MUST be able to set the alarm function!

does anyone know if this substitute remote is capable of setting the
alarm and if so how? (it did not come with any manual.) if this
substitute is NOT capable of performing this function, can anyone
direct me to one that can? although the original remote also included
functions for controling the vcr, this feature is not important to me
as the vcr portion of the set no longer works. any new remote that
will control all the tv and menu functions will suffice-- it need not
provide vcr control as well.

many thanks!!
-karen