Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Default Philips DCC - stuck cassette drawer

I've got one of the Philips DCC ( digital compact cassette) machines - mains
operated.

Whilst there are some issues with the longevity of the digital recording ( self
erasure ) it's a truly fabulous analogue playback deck which is my main use for
it now.

It's got a motorised cassette drawer that refused to open after a period of not
being used so I opened it up and fiddled with it and got it open.

Trying to find out what was causing the problem I very gently 'poked' a bit more
and now I've jammed it even worse !

Is *anyone* at all familiar with how this crazy drawer mechanism works ?

Graham