DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Modulator PAL B/G 6.5 MHZ sound spacing to B/G 5.5 or 6 Mhz s. spacing (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/181254-modulator-pal-b-g-6-5-mhz-sound-spacing-b-g-5-5-6-mhz-s-spacing.html)

[email protected] November 2nd 06 01:28 PM

Modulator PAL B/G 6.5 MHZ sound spacing to B/G 5.5 or 6 Mhz s. spacing

I have a small broadcast CABLE tv system. Using 12 Modulators
which accept 12 Audio /Video signals and output composite RF signal.
Each RF output of each Modulator will then feed a signal mixer. So
there are 12 channels. The system is PAL B/G with 6.5 sound spacing.
The problem is that most of the users have only PAL B/G 6 mhz
Televisions. So the users can get the video picture but no sound OR
SOUND WITH TERRIBLE HUMMING
Question is how I can tune the modulator with 6.5 mhz of sound spacing
TO SOUND SPACING 5.5 OR 6 MHZ.

PETER

b November 2nd 06 11:31 PM

Modulator PAL B/G 6.5 MHZ sound spacing to B/G 5.5 or 6 Mhz s. spacing

ha escrito:

I have a small broadcast CABLE tv system. Using 12 Modulators
which accept 12 Audio /Video signals and output composite RF signal.
Each RF output of each Modulator will then feed a signal mixer. So
there are 12 channels. The system is PAL B/G with 6.5 sound spacing.
The problem is that most of the users have only PAL B/G 6 mhz
Televisions. So the users can get the video picture but no sound OR
SOUND WITH TERRIBLE HUMMING
Question is how I can tune the modulator with 6.5 mhz of sound spacing
TO SOUND SPACING 5.5 OR 6 MHZ.

PETER

If you are talking about the audio carrier, Pal BG is 5.5mhz and Pal I
is 6mhz. There is no such thing as a ' Pal BG 6mhz
telvision'....perhaps you need to rephrase your question, as it doesn't
seem to make sense.
-B.

[email protected] November 6th 06 08:38 AM

Modulator PAL B/G 6.5 MHZ sound spacing to B/G 5.5 or 6 Mhz s. spacing

B,
tks for your reply.
Yes, The modulator is Pal B/G with 6.5 MHZ sound sub carrier. I need to
make it back to Pal B/G WITH 6 MHZ SOUND SUB CARRIER.
the modulators are ordered mistakenly with sound carrier 6.5 mhz apart
from the video signal.
I now need to tune it back to make it work in a country where the tv
are pal b/g 5.5 or 6 mhz sound carrier.
peter
ha escrito:

b November 6th 06 11:49 AM

wrote:
B,
tks for your reply.
Yes, The modulator is Pal B/G with 6.5 MHZ sound sub carrier. I need to
make it back to Pal B/G WITH 6 MHZ SOUND SUB CARRIER.

.....6.0 ? 6.5? that's *not* pal B-G!!!

pal D is 6.5
pal I is 6.0

what you mean to say is that you're trying to adapt a pal- D device to
a pal-I.
Usually this involves changing a few coils.

-B.