DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   soundwave ctv1405t power suppy burnup (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/180416-soundwave-ctv1405t-power-suppy-burnup.html)

exsolderman October 25th 06 02:54 PM

soundwave ctv1405t power suppy burnup

I am hoping someone can be of assistance in identifying two transistors
which have died as a result of s/c in above. They are marked on board
as Q104 and Q105
Idealy a schematic of power supply would be appreciated.
Many Thanks

Simoc October 25th 06 03:27 PM

soundwave ctv1405t power suppy burnup

So you mean that the markings on the components have burnt to
unreadable?
In such case, sometimes it's possible to get them just readable by
_gently_ scraping it and using a powerful light to see it. But not
nearly always :-(

--
When replying, please remove unnecessary quoted lines and write the
reply below it.

b October 26th 06 03:14 PM

soundwave ctv1405t power suppy burnup

exsolderman ha escrito:

I am hoping someone can be of assistance in identifying two transistors
which have died as a result of s/c in above. They are marked on board
as Q104 and Q105
Idealy a schematic of power supply would be appreciated.
Many Thanks

post the chassis ref.
i have never heard of this brand before. chances are the guts are made
by orion, beko or vestel....
-B.

exsolderman October 26th 06 07:00 PM

soundwave ctv1405t power suppy burnup

The only number I can find is printed on the main-board.
PB-MAIN-1405-V5 TW.
Could this be the chassis number

exsolderman ha escrito:

b October 27th 06 09:50 AM

exsolderman wrote:
The only number I can find is printed on the main-board.
PB-MAIN-1405-V5 TW.
Could this be the chassis number

b wrote:
exsolderman ha escrito:

I am hoping someone can be of assistance in identifying two transistors
which have died as a result of s/c in above. They are marked on board
as Q104 and Q105
Idealy a schematic of power supply would be appreciated.
Many Thanks

post the chassis ref.
i have never heard of this brand before. chances are the guts are made
by orion, beko or vestel....
-B.

possibly, but not familiar to me in this case.
if you have a digital camera you could try posting some pics on
imageshack.us. see if anyone here recognises the board.
-b

exsolderman October 28th 06 08:18 AM

soundwave ctv1405t power suppy burnup

Thanks B.
Now found out Q104=S8550 Q105=2SC368
Which just leaves me one problem; where to get an S8550. Can't find a
retailer stocking this transistor or even supplying an equivalent..

b wrote:
exsolderman wrote:
The only number I can find is printed on the main-board.
PB-MAIN-1405-V5 TW.
Could this be the chassis number

exsolderman ha escrito: