DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Compaq S910 PE1132, slow starter (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/179989-compaq-s910-pe1132-slow-starter.html)

[email protected] October 21st 06 05:38 PM

Compaq S910 PE1132, slow starter

Hello all,

This is a 19" Compaq monitor with a startup problem. When first turned
on, it appears completely dead. However, there is a very faint ticking
sound coming from the power supply, and after half a minute or so the
monitor just springs to life. I suspect a bad starter cap in the psu.
Could anyone point me to the right one, or should I just replace all
the small caps in the region?

Thanks, ile

[email protected] October 28th 06 08:58 PM

Compaq S910 PE1132, slow starter

Well, replacing C843 and C844 cured the startup problem, but now the
monitor clicks when in standby... Did anyone ever tackle this one?

BR, ile

[email protected] October 28th 06 09:49 PM

Compaq S910 PE1132, slow starter

Never mind. Replaced C862 and the clicking is gone. I only had 47u 63V
available so I used it, guessing that the capacity didn't matter much
in that circuit. The standby led blinks in both green and orange, is
this normal for this model?

BR, ile