DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SHARP tv problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/179816-sharp-tv-problem.html)

Ken G. October 20th 06 03:04 AM

SHARP tv problem

Model 32UF6 ... 2003 flat screen .

The screen comes on very bright white with retrace lines . I can see no
menues
If i turn up the flyback screen control the picture squeezes in on
both sides about an inch . The screen control is now all the way down

Ken G. October 20th 06 02:56 PM

SHARP tv problem

No its not the yoke . Other tv`s do this and its usually a resistor
somewhere . I cant seem to find this one

David Naylor October 20th 06 10:33 PM

SHARP tv problem

Ken G. wrote:
No its not the yoke . Other tv`s do this and its usually a resistor
somewhere . I cant seem to find this one

change out the video amp ic on the vrt board crt is being satuated by
a short video amp

Ken G. October 22nd 06 04:01 PM

SHARP tv problem

Thanks for the replys . I know its not always easy to guess at this
stuff witout the service manual . just thought this might be a
consistant problem in this set like the Philips or Rca sets .

[email protected] October 23rd 06 01:53 AM

SHARP tv problem

You will find that the 180-200 volt is very low on the crt board.
follow the trace to the wire(s) that go down close the flyback. That
supply is made up of a resistor, diode and cap. The cap is the usual.
Usually 4.7-10uf@200-250volt. If the resistor is open suspect the
diode or if the crt board uses a IC for the output of the RGB than it's
that IC.

Good luck!

Lloyd

Ken G. October 25th 06 03:16 PM

SHARP tv problem

Thanks Lloyd ... I did just that and found a bad resistor and that IC
chip is bad causing a 15 ohm short across that 200 volt supply .